Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Special Days and Celebrations


I have made an interesting, and yet unsettling, discovery. I have discovered that there is a celebration/holiday/observance for every single day of the year. Some days even have multiple celebrations/holidays/observances. What's a party-loving girl to do with this wealth of information? I mean, I almost feel like, if someone went to such great lengths to designate a special day for a specific reason, it should be celebrated, dang it. Or at least acknowledged. Some days aren't celebration days, some are just "days to remember..." or stuff like that. If I had known that my simple search for a special "friend" day would cause such a burden, I definitely would have thought twice before searching, trust me. I don't need this kind of pressure.

I was curious though. I found that not only is there something to celebrate or recognize every day but you can spend whole months or even the whole year on celebrating. Oh, what I've been missing. I took a quick glance at some of the months, and I think they are worth mentioning. You can decide if you want to celebrate. Today, for instance, October 5, 2009, can be the day to recognize your Child's Health or perhaps you are lacking children, and you would like to recognize ways to Improve Your Office or if you don't work in an office, you can find methods of improving the World Habitat. See? A little something for everyone. Typical USA. None of those fancy your celebratory instincts? Well surely you have a teacher worth celebrating, because it is, in fact, World Teachers Day. So, go. Go celebrate! Make this a special day! I'm going to make sure you stay properly informed of each day's special significance. I wouldn't want to share this burden alone. You won't go another day without knowing how you can celebrate every single day of the year. Aren't you glad?

Of course, I am writing this post with some slight hints of "tongue in cheek", but seriously, some of the days are kind of interesting and I am all about making the most of each day, so who knows, maybe one day it will jump out at you and it will cause you to do something nice for someone in your life. Just consider it my teeny tiny way of making the world a better place. (Cue music)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my life. In fact, I welcome it! And I want to hear what's going on with YOU!