After that night of contractions, I went to the doctor the next day and I was 2 cm dilated and 75% effaced so it definitely wasn't false labor! A week later, I was another centimeter dilated and DJ and I decided that it was best if he didn't go to Vegas for the week. He was supposed to leave this past Tuesday and be gone until Sunday night for a conference but given that I could go into labor any minute and I am more and more uncomfortable every day, it didn't seem like the best idea.
I am still feeling really good in terms of aches and pains but I am feeling LARGE. I can barely bend over to tie my shoes and picking up dropped items is a lesson in squats (thankfully, I've been doing squats at my workouts for the last few months so these are easier then you would think!). My larger pregnancy clothes are all getting too small or at least, I am filling them out much more. My appetite has reached a new level and although I have managed to only gain about 30 pounds with this pregnancy so far, I may just make up for that in the last 2 weeks!! Yikes! I am having contractions all the time and they are definitely getting more and more uncomfortable. And the baby has dropped so walking has turned into waddling...lovely...
So that's the update! It's funny because although I would love for our baby girl to come early; I also just want her to hold out for a little longer. I haven't had time to get bored yet so I don't feel ready at all! There are still things I'd like to get done but the list is getting very, very small so I may be entering bored status by Monday. It's been great to have DJ around too to help out and we've gotten a lot of little odd jobs done. Love that!
I have my next appointment on Tuesday and I would be very surprised if the doctor tells me I haven't dilated any further. I'm thinking, if I make it that far, that Tuesday will be my last prenatal appointment!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment on my life. In fact, I welcome it! And I want to hear what's going on with YOU!