I was having a conversation with my mom the other day and happened to look up. I was immediately in awe of what I saw.
I was so taken away by the beauty that I had to interrupt my conversation with my mom, hang up and take a picture. The contrasts between blue and white and the light that was shining from the sun were beautiful plus just the sheer enormity of the cloud magnified it that much more. I so wish my camera would have captured all of this better for you but given the quality my camera phone typically provides, this is pretty good and gives you an idea of how beautiful it really was. So, in your head, just picture this, times ten.
The clouds have just been amazing lately. I no longer curse the rain because although, yes it does make me look like a little girl who hasn't figured out how to comb her hair, and yes, it restricts activities outside, it does so much good too. It provides moisture for all the fuzzy, viney, leafy plants and trees that decorate the landscape and right now, most importantly, it is held in these clouds before it is dripped (or poured) on our heads. Absolutely breath-taking. These things remind me of what a great God we have and how good He is to give us more than we can even imagine!
Psalm 68:4 Sing to God, sing praise to his name, extol him who rides on the clouds — his name is the LORD— and rejoice before him.

I loved the picture...
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a little girl in my neighborhood I would lay on soft grass and picture animals in the clouds. One summer I got home sick staying with relatives far away and I did the same thing for hours each day.
Then when I got our home at the campground I painted clouds in the entry way... I do love clouds.. When I’m old and I get hard to manage would you sit with me and look at clouds this will calm me.. Please don’t do the poison dog leash jerking thing. Ok ok I’m just kidding.
I will totally watch the clouds wth you mom when you are old and gray. And the leash jerking thing would only be a worst case scenario. :-)
ReplyDelete