On Sunday night DJ and I went out to eat with Cody and his girlfriend and then to THE best fireworks show either of us have ever seen. In fact, it is stated to be one of the best fireworks shows in the nation and I can now wholeheartedly agree with that statement. It was 20 minutes long and took place on the Henley bridge across the Tennessee River (the one Chace and I walked across in the previous post to get the football game).
http://www.boomsday.org/multimedia/2008/?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=468&width=571
Click on the link and you can see last year's show (make sure you turn up the sound!) - it's an annual event called Boomsday.
I watched the link and it's pretty comparable to this year's show. There were some new things this year but a lot of the same oldies but goodies I'm sure.
If you don't want to watch the whole video on the link (and just want to see it in person with me), I provided a minutes/seconds tip below if you want to see the parts I highlighted. Some highlights of the show for me:
- The fireworks were choreographed to music and at one point everyone around the river were all singing "I'm Proud to be an American" while watching the red, white and blue fireworks - it would have been so cheesy but instead it was really quite touching. It made me a little sentimental.
- Ash started falling on us from the sky. There were sooo many fireworks going off at one time and we were so close to them that we physically felt the fireworks and that leads me to the next highlight.
- The finale was unlike any finale I have ever known. In fact the whole show was comparable to finales that I've seen at other fireworks shows so this could be called the finale of finales. The fireworks were filling the sky so quickly that the booms that followed them just seemed to reverberate against each other and be that much louder. I could fill the booms hit me in the chest over and over. Awe-inspiring to say the least. (18:45)
- "Free Falling" started playing and all of a sudden a literal waterfall of white fireworks started showering off the entire length of the bridge. (16:15)
Considering the fact that DJ and I made no effort to see any fireworks this past 4th of July, you could say that we are not particularly attached to fireworks shows but I will never miss another Boomsday if at all possible. It was so good.
I told DJ that if I don't have my camera by next Boomsday, it will be excuse enough for me to go buy it. I never want to be without a camera again - I was just itching to take pictures of those amazing lights in the sky.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment on my life. In fact, I welcome it! And I want to hear what's going on with YOU!