Monday, July 23, 2012

Special Sibling Sentiments

I thought you might enjoy seeing how Jayden interacts with Ava on a daily basis. I captured a few seconds on video the other day and it has a little bit of everything in it. I feel like the way Jayden has been with Ava and accepted her into the family has just been perfect. He's not so aware of her that he's jealous of the time that I spend with her and yet he's not completely oblivious either. For example, when I pick him up from "school" he will point at the car and say "Ava?" as we walk towards the car. (I leave Ava in the car while I go in to get Jayden and before you judge me, remember we live in Laramie where the crime rate is like 1% so I feel like it's very safe to leave her for a few minutes, but I digress...) Another example is when he was holding both pairs of sunglasses  -Jayden's and Ava's -- and he dropped Ava's pair on the ground and exclaims "Oh Ava's!!!" It's so cute because he's come to expect seeing her around and he's usually very sweet with his interactions with her (he does have his moments of possessiveness so it's not all puppies and rainbows all the time but that possessive streak is rare albeit very normal for a toddler). I just pray that they always have a special bond and that I am able to foster that caring spirit in Jayden so he'll always watch out for his little sister!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my life. In fact, I welcome it! And I want to hear what's going on with YOU!