Thursday, August 4, 2011

Snowy Mountains - Adventures Closer to Home

Amazingly enough, DJ and I finally took a drive just 45 minutes west of Laramie and found an oasis of sorts. It surprised us when we found that we were that close to a completely different landscape! Mountainous (read: Sound of Music-esque), lots of trees, great wildlife, gorgeous wildflowers and the list goes one. We just couldn't believe it took us that long to find it. Granted it was not easily accessible 7 of the 12 months that we've been here but still, it really shouldn't have taken us this long. I can't wait to spend more time up in the mountains!

 Please excuse the shocking whiteness of my legs - they don't see much sun. But seriously, couldn't this be a scene from Sound of Music?? I felt like I was in a setting for a movie!
 Jayden is all about the waving these days.
 Most of the snow had melted by now but there was still quite a bit for being the end of July!
 I couldn't get enough of all the different varieties of flowers - wildflowers are my all-time favorite!

 We went on a great little hike; we just didn't know up front that it would require hiking through some snow that was still covering the trail!


 These gaping holes definitely freaked me out since we were walking right over the top of these drifts!
 See how tall this drift still is??

 It was crazy to me that we could practically drive all the way to the top of the mountains that we can see from our house and it only took us about an hour to get there. At this point we are 10,800 feet high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my life. In fact, I welcome it! And I want to hear what's going on with YOU!