Wednesday, May 19, 2010

24 Weeks - 111 days to go


This week: 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Let's put it this way...I'm on track to set records... As of yesterday I have gained 19 pounds. The pregnancy books all say that I should gain a TOTAL of 25 pounds for the ENTIRE pregnancy. Yeaaaah.
Sleep: Not too shabby. I get hot flashes periodically in the middle of the night because my preggers pillow keeps me plenty warm so I have to stay uncovered for awhile to cool off but it hasn't been bad enough that I can't sleep.
Best moment of the week: My coworkers had a baby shower for me over the lunch hour today. It was so thoughtful and so sweet because I felt like it was something they didn't have to do. I barely work directly with them and we only talk to each other periodically so I didn't form any strong relationships with any of them. And yet, they wanted me to feel appreciated and they totally did a good job! And there were cupcakes. 'Nuff said.

Also, although this wouldn't normally be considered a "best" moment, I had my glucose test yesterday and the drink that I had to take wasn't NEAR as bad as everyone said it would be. I was very nervous about that and was very pleasantly surprised to find it palatable.
Movement: Constant. Within the last couple of days, the kicks and movements in general have been getting stronger. Sometimes I feel movement from both sides of my belly at the same time which is just straaange. And I can often feel just movement inside without even seeing or feeling any kicks from the outside. That's also really strange. I still mistake some of the movement for something else like just general stomach bubbles or body twinges but then I remind myself that no, it's actually a baby.
Food cravings: Movie popcorn which has initiated two seperate dates to the movies the past two weekends. That's like the most we've gone almost the entire 9 months we've lived here! But like all the other cravings, I'm over it now. No more popcorn for me. It doesn't even sound good. The sugar cravings are even getting a tiny bit better but that one definitely holds the record so far for longest craving in my pregnancy.
Gender: Boy
What I miss: Being able to bend over or move without feeling like I'm taxing myself. Seriously, I feel every pound that I've gained; it's ridiculous. Packing for our move has been quite the chore. I'm really only good for about two hours at a time and then I've gotta take a rest. (I don't think DJ minds that part one bit!)
What I am looking forward to: Preparing my new house for the baby - I can't wait to decorate a little space for him and set up all his clothes and toys and supplies in organized little drawers and containers. I'm also looking forward to getting our cloth diapers and mentally preparing myself for that whole process.
Weekly wisdom: Something I've been hearing a lot lately is to take it easy when packing and moving to Wyoming. Well-meaning advice for sure but it's hard to know what's "taking it easy" and what's overdoing it. I'm just trying to listen to my body. Hummmmmmmmmm... ("Listening to my body" always sounds so hippiesh to me even though I know it's true.)
Milestones: We have a little 12 incher now. He actually might be smaller than that given his genetics but I'd like to think that he's at least a foot long now. I'd also like to point out at this point that although I'm expecting them at some point, so far, no stretch marks!! Woo hoo! I have started to lotion up at night though since it feels like I'm growing more and more, but I know nothing will stop the inevitable. But oh man, that cocoa butter does smell good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment on my life. In fact, I welcome it! And I want to hear what's going on with YOU!